Greetings to you from your church council. 2018 has been a very busy and challenging year at Divine Shepherd. A great deal has been accomplished as the congregation of Divine Shepherd continues to grow.
- We have improved our bookkeeping system and made progress in managing our money.
- We have had so many people volunteer their time to start projects and see them to the finish.
- We have changed how we disseminate information to most of the congregation via a new website. If you have access to a computer or tablet, you can go to www.divineshep.org and you can see everything that is happening at the church plus daily lectionary’s, bible studies, sermons, the monthly calendar, and general news.
- A new picture directory was completed this year and is available at the secretary’s office.
- New offices for Pastor and the Melissa, our secretary, have been completed, and a conference room and a dedicated work room have been added. We gained two additional Sunday School rooms because of the remodel.
- A new sign for the church building is being designed, and new stained-glass windows will be installed before Christmas. These windows are a gift from a member family in memoriam of their daughter and sister.
- A newly refurbished cross has been installed outside on the east end of the sanctuary. It is lit at night and can be seen from the interstate. A member took upon himself to take our old cross, clean it up, strengthen it, paint it, install an updated lighting system and mount it on the exterior wall with the help of other members.
- A very successful Harvest Dinner took place last month with about 280 meals served.
- A 15-passenger van has been donated to the Early Childhood Center and has been a blessing as it is used to expand that ministry.
- Our custodial team has kept our facility looking bright, clean, and well maintained, a place that we can enjoy and share with visitors and new members.
This list of projects, events, and changes is not complete because so many wonderful things happened at Divine Shepherd in 2018 that they can’t all be listed here. With the help of many members donating time, expertise, labor, and frequently funds, have these improvements been possible. Most of all, however, God has blessed Divine Shepherd congregation. He has showered his good gifts on us, and we hope that we have been good stewards of his great and abundant blessings.
As we move into 2019, we will change our focus to growing our missions and ministries; we will find and create opportunities for all Divine Shepherd families to grow in God’s Word; we will grow in our stewardship of God’s gifts; we will take more care of our people and those we are called to serve; we will become better prepared for the future; and we will continue to be a friendly, warm,, and welcoming congregation.
Merry Christmas to each of you.